Monday, May 27, 2013

Sugar, sugar!



The husband* has caught the candy bug.

If you noticed that I haven’t progressed much in Candy Crush Saga, or that I have not been responding to your SOS requests, it’s because I have not been playing this game lately – but the husband* does and using my phone. So whenever he is eager for me to get home after work, I try not to flatter myself into thinking that it’s me he wants to see. True enough, in less than a minute of seeing each other, he would ask for my phone and begin to totally ignore me.

We are now at Level 202 and stuck there.


Much as I want to play when I have lulls in the office, I can’t because of two reasons:
  • The level looks fairly easy and I could finish it in a breeze, but it is one of the rare chances for the husband* to finish one level, so I might as well give him this chance; and
  • I might actually find it difficult to move to the next level and consume all five lives. Since it will take a while before those get replenished, I don’t want to risk his wrath when the husband* finds out that he has no available candy lives to play with.

You think it ends there? One of the things that I have to ensure is having adequate battery life for when he starts playing. And of course, the requisite “Wow! You did great!”  when he is two moves short to finishing one level.

This is not to say though that we lack deep cerebral conversations. We actually set aside time to discuss and visualize situations and scenarios that, no doubt, will be very important in decision-making and as we go about our everyday lives. Scenarios like:

Him:  What would happen if we have two on the left, two on the right, two more vertically at the center above our first four similar-colored candies, and we push one candy from below to the center in between the two-and-two?
Me: We’ll have a cookie.
Him: But it’s not fair, it should be a super combo. It should be a cookie inside a candy wrapper!
Me: Yeah, but really, you only get a cookie.
Him: I don’t believe you.

Or:

Him: Do you know how many candies can we combine max?
Me: No.
Him: I think nine is possible.
Me: No, I don’t think so.
Him: Really, it’s possible.
Me: No, I can’t imagine that.
(End of discussion)

...and others like that.

No comments: