Friday, September 16, 2011

Thursday, I don't care about you...

And Friday,

I don't feel loved.



Put simply, this week is not my best week.
With a combination of female hormones, frenzy at the workplace, lack of sleep, and chaos at home, what should one expect?

Only new mothers would understand. I think.

To cap off this week, here are song fragments that have been playing on and off inside my head to describe how I feel, because I am in no mood to use my own words:


Unwell – Matchbox 20

“I'm feeling like I'm headed for a breakdown
I don't know why
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell”

Stomach Flu, Hangover-like headache without the booze, bad dreams this week. Yes, I am unwell.


The Scientist  - Coldplay

“Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh let’s go back to the start.”

Well, the newness of everything is still overwhelming, even after nine months.


Better Days – Goo Goo Dolls

“And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we’ll find better days
‘cause I don’t need boxes wrapped in strings
And desire and love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we’ll find better days.”

I could go on singing this song ‘til the end and all the lines are so apt!


Minamalas – Mojofly

I like it now more than ever – from start to finish, and especially this line:

“Minamalas, kase wala na akong mahanap na iba…”

Repeat ten times.


Imbecilesque – Rivermaya

“Good morning baby
Are you still mad at me?
I guess I couldn't blame you
I instigated this big mess
I acted imbecillesque
Yeah I know..”

Most times, it’s intentional. To make you feel as terrible as I do.


It’s hard to say I do, when I don’t - Fall Out Boy

“I speak fast and I'm not gonna repeat myself
So listen carefully to every word I say:
"I'm the only one who's gonna get away with making excuses today,
You're appealing to emotions that I simply do not have"

This should not have been included hadn’t somebody popped “The Question” early this morning. So, there.


Spend My Life – Eric Benet

“Can I just see you every morning when I open my eyes
Can I just feel your heart beating beside me every night
Can we just feel this way together till the end of all time
Can I just spend my life with you”

Of course. Despite all the talk, this is still my song.
 

Little James – Oasis

“thank you for your smile
you make it all worthwhile
to us”

Just this morning before leaving for work, I looked at my sleeping Qube and yes,  you make it all worthwhile, my little James Quasar Qyle.

No comments: