Tuesday, May 13, 2008

one of the few times i am really proud to own something.

The plan was to look for Pratchett in Powerbooks. He was nowhere to be found.

The only Pratchett book there was “Good Omens,” which was written together with Neil Gaiman. But of course, even without that book having been written with Terry Pratchett, the probability is I already have that book.

Well.





I already have that book.


We were about to leave Powerbooks when Don spotted this:




What else should one expect me to do? Without second thoughts thinking, I grabbed the book and brought it to the cashier. What I was about to do then was to ask for another copy, since the one displayed already has creases on the front cover. I was a bit disappointed when the store assistant said that that was the only copy left of the book. So for about a split-second, I considered looking somewhere else. But, what the heck, I want that book, and I want it there and then.


So, at around four on Monday afternoon, I already have my own copy of DC’s Heroes – Volume 1.


HEROES Graphic Novel @ Wiki:
This is a list of issues of NBC's Heroes webcomic, which supplements the television drama of the same name. The comics, which NBC refers to as graphic novels, are made available on their official website each Tuesday.

Written by the show's writers and drawn by Aspen Comics, they are generally 7-9 pages long, the first page of which is always an advertisement for a vehicle made by Nissan, one of the sponsors for the series. The comics give additional character background and plot information not shown in the television episodes.

Wildstorm, a subsidiary of DC Comics released the first 34 chapters in a hardcover volume on November 7, 2007. Entitled "Volume One", the collection also includes Tim Sale's artwork as seen on the show.

The comics are available in both PDF and Flash formats; the PDF versions are linked below. The Flash versions often offer a link to a "hidden surprise", also listed below. A few also have an animated version.


I know that this page exists, though I never got the chance to read any of the episodes. Regardless, nothing beats having MY own copy, and being able to touch and read it at my own pleasure, in my own bed, even without my laptop and a working internet.

No comments: