Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This is what a long self-declared weekend does.

First New things first. I have changed phones and I am using a new number. I know... I have this annoying hobby of changing numbers every so often. This time, though, the change is not self-motivated.

I lost my phone last Friday. Bought a new phone on Saturday. On Sunday, I was busy installing new phone settings and games, uploading music and trying to connect to the net.

Come Monday, I have a brand new phone again. This was because the phone which I had bought on Saturday decided to shut itself off and refused to turn back on. Just like that. Just like some other things. Which means I have to have myself be absent from work to have it checked in Glorietta, where I bought it. (Okay, that was an excuse. I decided not to come to work hours before my phone broke down).

On a positive note, since the Sony Ericsson outlet is just across Hard Rock, I, together with my two housemates, decided to spend the time in Hard Rock, for our light (expensive!) snack, while waiting for my phone to get checked and to be replaced with a new one, eventually. I was suggesting that we eat at Dad’s instead, where they have this merienda buffet for only 130 pesos. But no, we had to be at Hard Rock for the experience.

The few times I had been there, it was always to attend company-initiated and company-funded events. So I did not know that a bottle of San Mig lite costs 95 pesos there. With prices like this, starting with the San Mig lite, one is inclined to think and realize several things.

1. The place is worth the price and given the chance, the right company and, of course, the right amount of money, I would want to keep coming back there.

2. Keeping up with this kind of lifestyle for even just a week will drain me of a whole month’s sweldo.

3. The place also made me realize that I want to put up something like this in Naga, but this business is waay to classy and expensive, I could never afford investing in something like this, regardless of the fact that the people in Naga will most probably afford and appreciate this scene.

4. I’ll always vote in favor of our old trusted convention, we’ll drink at home instead. This way, we can have as may beers as we want, and it’s way cheaper.

4 comments:

JQUIZ. said...

Kabado na malamang si Enteng. Saro na naman kalaban; although nobody admits that this is a competition.

(Bahala man kamo sa paranoia nindo. Hehe. Sabi nang ma man kompetisyon sa buhay, it so happened lang na parareho ang ginigiribo kang tropa and for some reason Enteng insists that we have to outdo the tropa.Hehehe.)

Unknown said...

Haha. Ok, let me say it on record. I am not joining THE competition.


i must admit though that i have no intention of putting up my blog on this site, naara lang talaga sa tropa, haha.

if anyone of us eventuallyahem, outdo the other/s, that will just be incidental to the main reason why we write and why we are tropa.

Enteng said...

sus, we are not special.

Unknown said...

Haha, indeed!