Friday, August 29, 2008

Rediscovering You.

Now I know that this is part of your grand plan for me, to rediscover you. To realize that even while I think that I am alone, you have been with me all the while.

And solitude is your way of letting me seek you out, maybe because you have gotten tired of watching me make a fool of myself all the time. Maybe you have gotten tired of waiting for me to pass on to you the burden that I should not have been carrying in the first place. And I no longer have to tell you how heavy it was. Because, of course, you know that already.  And you also know that this time, I just might not be able to bear it alone.

Through solitude, you were able to talk to me again, because there’s the absence of noise clouding your calls for me to return to you, to reestablish the relationship that I have built with you for years.

You see, freedom has gotten into my head. And I have proven myself inept of handling the responsibilities that came with the freedom that you allowed me. But you knew this was coming, that is why you are trying to save me now from myself. And maybe this is yet another way of teaching me some important lessons that I would be making use of as I go through life. You allowed me to experience all these so that, when I come out of it, I’d have gained more wisdom and insight. And you know that there is no other way you could have taught me these.

And with me knowing that, the “feeling good” that I’m feeling right now is not that impossible to believe.

It’s nice to finally have gotten rid of the thoughts that are keeping me from being happy and from moving swiftly into life, the way I had been doing before I started collecting my own emotional garbage.

I could never thank you enough for reminding me of all these things.

Right now, I can go to sleep without a heavy heart, knowing well that you have plans for me. Those might not be similar to what I have planned for myself, but I trust that you know what is best for me and with you taking the lead, I am confident that I will be able walk the right way towards achieving it. 

No comments: