Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I am alone and Sugarfree is screaming in the background…


Ayoko nang mag-isa, ayoko nang mag-isa, ayoko nang mag-isa….


After what seemed like a moment of epiphany or an influx of crazy ideas and a series of text messages (with James McAvoy repeatedly saying “I’m sorry” in my Mac), I have decided to start living alone. Away from my boys.

(I am still trying to figure out the most plausible excuse for shocking my housemates with the news that I have decided to move out. When I am able to figure this one out, I am going to write about it.)

And today is my first night alone in a rented studio in Makati (and am beginning to regret it). In the few hours that I have been pacing back and forth my bedroom-slash-dining room-slash-receiving area-slash-kitchen, I have found the perfect tambayan.

My kitchen (just a sink, actually). Picture me sitting on top of the sink, cross-legged, and with yosi in hand. This is the best I can do without a single chair in my bedroom-slash-dining room-slash-receiving area-slash-kitchen.

Without nothing more to do, no more yosi to burn, and with my otherwise nice and obliging friend deciding that I am a lousy textmate thus he’s better off texting other interesting people or maybe he is indeed really sleepy already, I am left with nothing more to do but have a mental rerun of the things that I have done today.

10:00am – woke up and ate the remaining junk in the refrigerator. If there were still a bottle remaining from the previous night’s beer, I’d have drunk that too.

11:00am – decided that I am in a foul mood and thus keep talking to people to a minimum. Meaning, no unnecessary words when answering questions from anybody.

11:30am – reviewed my “to buy” list. Decided that I do not have the money for everything, so I took off half the items from my list.

1:30pm – Brought my remaining stuff to my new place. Didn’t get lost this time. The cab’s meter was running so fast, but i paid anyway, and told him that he has a faulty meter.

2:00pm – Realized that I am most probably acting up, thus I better try to be nicer to Ninoy. Else, this otherwise nice and accommodating friend might leave me to shop for garbage basket, pail, sofa bed, etc. ALONE.

3:00pm – Started shopping.

4:00pm – Was done shopping. See? I am broke, otherwise, I’d have stayed inside the mall till 10:00pm. Was supposed to treat Noi to a Yellowcab pizza, but it was raining so hard and we had to take advantage of SM’s staff assisting us in getting a cab and getting our things inside the cab. So we decided to just go home. Got lost on our way back. It was the cab driver’s fault, I swear.

6:00pm – The pizza became adobo and chicken curry in the karenderia in front of my new apartment. I shelled out a hundred pesos for those and for two regular coke. Also, I paid in COINS.

6:30pm – I am alone. And broke. And I’ve never felt more alone in my life.

6:40pm – Started taking out the contents from the boxes that Budoy and Noi helped me bring here yesterday. Well, they did 95% of the work, actually. I only had to carry a small Landmark plastic bag containing 21 tubes of various sizes.

By this time, Sugarfree’s Kwarto was playing in itunes. This was Noi’s idea, before he reacts and say that I am claiming this for mine, hehe.

(When I write about my reason for going solo, this song will definitely be my soundtrack.)

9:30pm – Done mopping the floor, folding and hanging my clothes, taking out my books, and throwing my remaining trash. And around this time, realized that my most precious possessions today are the following:
1. My bed
2. My electric fan
3. My laptop

Then I started pacing back and forth my bedroom-slash-dining room-slash-receiving area-slash-kitchen, until I established the routine of lighting a cigarette and sitting cross-legged on top of my sink.

Until I decided to write about my day.




Done. But I am still broke and lonely. And I miss Naga.

No comments: